- Another One Bites the Dust, Queen
- Fever, Peggy Lee
- Billie Jean, Michael Jackson
1. The first night I was taught a drum beat, we were with Tim's friends Mason and Allyson. I muddled through this song while they were doing guitar, bass, and vocals.
2. Fever. Tim and I figured out the bass and drum line, and we recruited his classmate Meghan to sing. She has a beautiful voice, and wants to start singing with us when we jam. When it was just Tim and I, I was ok, and on beat. But when she jumped in, her alternate rhythm threw me off. So hard to keep my simple beat in my head, so I had to screw my eyes shut and block out the singing. Too bad, because Meghan's voice is beautiful, and perfectly suited to "Fever." Hopefully I will get better at that the more we practice.
3. ha. I was listening to Michael Jackson's Greatest Hits and realized that "Billy Jean" uses the exact same beat that I first learned. But ten million times faster than I've ever played it. I haven't tried playing along with the album yet.